Wednesday 5 March 2014

Mihimihi

Mihimihi

My mihimihi in layman's terms is a description of myself and my background. 

My name is Henry Whitford Lee. I am 18 years old and live in Wellington, New Zealand. I have lived here since I was 2 years old, and before that I am from Christchurch. I have a fairly mixed background, my mum's side of the family is all European. On dad's side I have have European and Chinese-Malaysian. As a child I spent a lot of time around my dad's Chinese family, thus it became pretty influential on the way I grew up. In 2013 I graduated from Rongotai College. RC was a massive part of my life and I loved the school. Everybody knew everybody at the school and we were all brothers. The school was a fairly large influence on me and will remain something that I identify with and am proud of for the rest of my life. A large part of who I am is my sport; I am a rower. The sport consumes a pretty large part of my life, I train out of star boating club on the Wellington Harbour. Rowing has led to me travelling around the country quite a bit. I have been to Cambridge many times to compete and train on lake Karapiro where legends such as Hamish Bond, Eric Murray, and Mahe Drysdale train, I have travelled to Twizel to compete at the NZ rowing champs on lake Ruataniwha, to the Hawkes bay for training on the Clive river, and I have spent countless hours rowing up the Wanganui River seeing things that most people wont and finding places that have been nicknamed by rowers, like Narnia, the rapids, the Billy Webb strait, and the wall, places where the only discernible signs of civilization  are your boat and your oars, all you can see is mirror like water, trees and hills, and all you can hear is the sound of wild birds in the trees and the flow of the river.






McEvedy Shield Competition 2010







No comments:

Post a Comment